Everyone should be able to enjoy golf in a safe environment. We all have a responsibility to protect and safeguard children and adults at risk. Chipstead Golf Club is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all individuals involved in golf.
The six key principles which underpin safeguarding:
· Empowerment: People being supported and encouraged to make their own decisions and informed consent.
· Prevention: It is better to take action before harm occurs.
· Proportionality: The least intrusive response appropriate to the risk presented.
· Protection: Support and representation for those in greatest need.
· Partnership: Local solutions through services working with their communities. Communities have a part to play in preventing, detecting and reporting neglect and abuse.
· Accountability: Accountability and transparency in delivering safeguarding.